Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Overall Assessment



Overall Assessment

I enjoyed interviewing Maria.  I believe that she has a lot of potential and if she has the support she needs to help build her confidence she can do whatever she puts her mind to.  I also have a lot of respect for her teachers who have so many students to work with.  They do not have a lot of time to spend one on one with Maria yet she is reading above her grade level. 
While doing this case study I realized there were some more topics I wish I would have discussed with her.  I would have liked to find out more about the dynamics in her household.  I would have also liked to know about where she lives and her activities at home.  I also would have found out more information about her friends, likes, and interests.  I believe I would have been able to write a more precise study if I would have had more areas of her life to study.
One thing I found very interesting is that Maria really enjoyed being pulled out for ESOL and she found this to be very helpful.  Every adult I have ever met that has acquired English as a second language has told me Structured English Immersion was the best way to learn.  Of course in both cases the way they learned is all they know.






No comments:

Post a Comment