Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Stakeholder Perspectives

Stakeholder Perspectives

Maria- When I get home I don’t have time to do homework.  I need to help my family with household chores and sometimes I get to help my mom and grandmother cook.  I forget to have my work signed because I get too busy.  I don’t like to write either.  My teachers try to get me to write big sentences and I don’t understand what they want.  It’s hard.  I’ll just keep doing what I know how to do.

Language Arts Teacher- Maria is such a sweet and bright girl.  I’m ecstatic over the gains she has made in reading this year.  I wish we had seen the same improvement in her writing.  She doesn’t seem to want to write.  She shows little interest in it.  I also would like to see her doing her homework and having her parents sign her papers.  Her parents have come to school a couple times but I haven’t been able to have them in for a conference-they don’t respond to my letters home.  I don’t know if they are receiving them.

Parents- Maria is such a smart and helpful girl.  We are very proud that she is able to speak and read in English.  She is also very helpful around the house.  We wish we could go to school more but we have to work to support our family.  Maria seems to be doing well anyway and that is good.  When we do go to school it is a little uncomfortable because it is hard to understand what they are saying.

Principal-  Maria has done a wonderful job in her reading this year. We need to make the same improvements with her writing.  I am willing to have a translator come in to help her teacher and her parents communicate better.  I encourage having the translator translate a letter home from her teacher I order to set up a meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment